As of 11.59pm Tuesday 9th November, Auckland moves to Alert Level 3, Step 2
Our staff are committed to safely providing the best guidance and service possible to help navigate families through this difficult time. We are taking instructions from the Ministry of Health and The Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand.
All 3 of our facilities are within the Auckland Region, but our Funeral Directors are able to travel between borders, with travel exemption and weekly covid tests, to continue to care for your loved one.
Our facilities are being cleaned and sanitised each time a family visits, so be assured we are doing all we can to keep you safe.
Alert Level 3, Step 2
- At Alert Level 3 you can hold a funeral, tangihanga or burial but these are limited to 25 people. This does not include our staff or clergy of up to 5 people.
- Families and communities must not carry out funerals themselves.
- Only a registered funeral director can handle the deceased.
- Food or drink can be served to the 25 people attending, but everyone must be seated to be served.
- Our staff will be wearing a face covering at all times
If you are attending a funeral, we ask that you;
- keep 2 metres away from people you do not live with
- avoiding physical contact, including harirū, hongi, kissing and hugging
- wear a face covering
- 2 family members from the same bubble as the deceased are allowed to dress their loved one — this must be carried out in the presence of an embalmer or funeral director.
- You can view your loved one at our Tuakau Chapel by appointment only
- This time will be restricted to one hour
- You can only go to view the deceased once.
- Everyone attending a viewing must wear a face covering.
- Your loved one may be transported to your home for viewing.
Please visit the https://covid19.govt.nz/activities/funerals-tangihanga-and-last-rites/ for more information.
Useful COVID-19 Grief Resources
COVID-19 Grief Resource - When no funeral, tangi or farewell gatherings can take place
Funeral Directors Association NZ
Getting through Together
Mental Health Foundation NZ
For further information and support, please contact our office on (09) 2368919